Tonight was a good night. Holla!
I made Kimchi-jigae because we needed to get rid of the Oyster flavored Kimchi that I purchased on accident and was uber-fermented. And to supplement that I made some Spicy soba noodle with shiitake and cabbage.
Note to self - don't forget the dash of sesame oil in the kimchi jigae! next time I'm going to try to start off the pot with sauteing some garlic first. then i'll add in the kimchi & water.... also, try not to put the ENTIRE jar of kimchi in the jigae or else it just tastes super sour.
Note to self #2 - Smitten Kitchen's recipe was great, but the mushrooms (use fresh please) and the cabbage was way too soggy. after sauteing both, i'll remove from the pan, then simmer the sauce separately. then incorporate all the ingredients in the end.
yay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment